Associates in the Maintenance Technician position are responsible for maintaining and repairing all production equipment to produce quality flexible packaging materials on time in accordance with specific work instructions and applicable safety and quality assurance procedures. In the event of absence, these job responsibilities will be covered by the employee in the Lead Maintenance Technician position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This job description and performance standard document has been prepared as a guide to ensure better communication and understanding. All responsibilities, however, have not been included, nor could they be. Your Supervisor/Manager may from time to time ask you to perform other related duties not specifically included in this description. Likewise, this description will be revised when required to meet current business needs.
- Checks all company tools and equipment at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure all company tools and maintenance equipment are accounted for and in good working order.
- Works proactively and with a sense of urgency through all aspects of repair and maintenance, and while performing preventive maintenance tasks.
- Thoroughly reviews and understands all maintenance procedures including Preventive Maintenance (PM) procedures outlined in the PM Program. This consists of following the PM task sheets, which are issued with preventive maintenance assignments. These PM task sheets provide the information needed to complete preventive maintenance on each individual machine. This system also allows us to monitor the technicians time and materials for each individual machine as well as maintaining scheduled intervals. The maintenance technician is accountable for all work that is performed, so must be able to do high quality work at all times to ensure proper repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Performs all work to high standards of quality by complying with all regional and local codes for electrical and plumbing tasks. Complies with repairs and maintenance procedures outlined in the equipment manuals from the machine manufacturers.
- Notifies Maintenance Manager when materials and parts consumed in repairs for replenishment purposes, especially when utilizing critical, long lead time parts for major machines.
- Must maintain an open line of communication with fellow maintenance team members and PPT associates to coordinate any issues that need to be passed from shift to shift.
- Ensures that all responsibilities and functions performed are in accordance with company and quality procedures as set forth in the Personnel Handbook and the Quality Manual. Participates in quality and AIB programs, and stays updated on changes to both.
- Supports the company emphasis on teamwork and cooperation to achieve our goals by performing other duties as assigned including working in other departments from time to time and helping with periodic AIB cleanup issues.
- Generates improvement ideas and embraces improvement projects to better the business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Detail-orientation required for completing required paperwork and information systems inputs with a high degree of accuracy.
- Previous maintenance job experience in an industrial production environment with the related safety training is preferred.
- Able to read and understand blue prints and machinery manuals, and accept verbal direction to successfully complete procedures and assigned tasks.
- Capable of performing mathematical calculations, and properly using tape measures and micrometers.
- Flexibility in work assignments and priorities is required to address the dynamic needs of our customers and shifts in production requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required, and proven experience with effective teams and continuous improvement methods strongly preferred.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and ensure proper handling of items up to 75 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing for the duration of a work shift less breaks and lunch.
- Must be capable and willing to work in excess of a normal workweek with notice, as outlined in the Personnel Handbook, as maintenance coverage demands dictate.
- Due to the nature of our business Maintenance Technicians must be available for possible call-ins during off hours in the event of major machine break downs.
- Must be able to ensure work quality in a fast paced production environment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, identify, prioritize, and meet multiple expectations for area of responsibility.
- Must provide your own hand tools and tool box, with the company providing all other specialty tools and equipment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to be trained in the proper handling and disposal of Hazardous waste.
Education RequiredHigh School Diploma or GED